Booking Your Care & Maintenance Appointment
To preserve the beauty of your previous piece of jewellery, you are advised to treat them with great care and handle them with delicacy. By acknowledging a few precautions for use and maintenance, you will be able to keep your jewellery in perfect condition for a long period of time.
To retain its optimal beauty, jewellery must be cleaned regularly. With daily wear, the brilliance of your gemstone can be dulled by dust, pollution and grease—this may be from hand creams, moisturisers or hand sanitiser. The good news is it can be easily removed in the comfort of your own home.
You can follow our guide for keeping your jewellery sparkly here. (Link steps or a video).
Sometimes a more intensive clean is required to get to those hard to reach places, like underneath an intricate setting. That’s why we offer complimentary professional cleaning and check-up appointments for every Cushla Whiting piece. We recommend doing so bi-annually along with the week prior to your wedding day.
Appointments are 20 minutes and will include:
- Ultrasonic clean of your jewellery* which, through a combination of cleaning compound and ultrasound waves, dislodges any dirt and leaves your piece looking brand new.
- Routine inspection of your piece from our Gemology team and in-house jeweller. This is the perfect opportunity to check that the settings are secure and/or identify any potential issues that may arise in the future.
Note: *Any CW piece deemed too delicate for the ultrasonic machine—such as those containing an emerald—will be carefully cleaned by hand.
While we design with longevity at the forefront of our mind, each piece of jewellery comprises precious metals and gemstones which aren’t impervious to damage.
Not unlike your car, jewellery requires ongoing maintenance to extend its life. In addition to cleaning your ring regularly and bringing them in for a bi-annual check-up, we offer extra services to keep your ring looking new.
THESE INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Polish of your ring to remove any surface scratches (we could include a ‘starting from’ price next to these)
- Emery of your ring to remove any deep scratches
- Stone polish to remove or minimise abrasions
- Replating of 18K white gold pieces
These services will incur a fee depending on your individual piece, and serve as a preventative measure for major work which would be in the future.
In the event that you have sustained damage to your jewellery, please store it in a safe location and contact info[at]cushlawhiting.com.au with the subject line "REPAIR: followed by the purchaser's name on your CW invoice."
We will send you a short form to complete, including:
- Date of purchase
- Name that the piece was purchased under
- Photo of the damage
If you are local, we will send you a booking link to drop off your jewellery to our showroom. If you are outside of Melbourne, we will advise you on how to securely send your jewellery to us.
Once we have received your jewellery, our Master Jeweller/s will complete an initial inspection and diagnosis. This can take upward of 10 business days depending on complexity.
Once completed, we will advise on what is necessary to repair the piece and provide a quote.
Note: Due to the bespoke nature of your ring, each repair is unique, therefore we cannot provide an estimated cost prior to inspection.
COMMON RING RING REPAIR WORK INCLUDES
- Loose gemstone
- Claws catching on fibres (e.g. clothing)
- Stone fallen out
- Deep scratches or dents on band
- Reshaping of ring
- Claw retip or remake
- Scratch or crack in stone
COMMON FINE JEWELLERY REPAIR WORK INCLUDES
- Chain soldering
- Straighten or repair post of earring
- Replace butterflies
- Clasp repair or tightening for pendants
We offer in-house ring resizing on most Cushla Whiting rings should they be the wrong fit. Standard resizes are a simple process whereby a small incision is made at the base of the band in order to remove a piece of metal (if it’s going down) or add a piece (if it’s going up).
Please book a resize appointment in our Melbourne showroom using this link and fill out our resize form.
During your appointment you will sit with one of our experienced resize experts who will measure your finger and advise you on the best size.
INTERSTATE OR REGIONAL CUSTOMERS
If you are unable to come to our showroom, please contact email@example.com with the subject line RESIZE. We will send you details on how to measure your correct ring size and securely send your ring to us.
Due to the high fees associated with posting jewellery internationally, we do not resize rings for customers outside of Australia.
TIMEFRAME FOR SERVICE
- 10 business days for all standard ring resizes once we have received and assessed the ring.
- One complimentary resize for bespoke engagement rings within 2 months after collection and within 2 sizes (up or down).
- A quote will be provided for all ceremonial bands, fine jewellery rings or engagement rings that fall outside of the above parameters.